Business Owners & Service Professionals:
Don’t let your website hold you back – let us help you create a site that really grows your business.
You know your website is a key to the success of your business. Not only is it marketing your business every moment of every day, it’s also creating the first impression people have of you and the services you provide. An unorganized, unprofessional website sends the message to your visitors that your business is unprofessional and unorganized.
On the flip side, a professional looking, well organized website can be so much more than just your electronic brochure. It can generate, qualify and convert leads. When someone visits your site, everything from you content to how your site functions should be about helping the visitor decide whether they need your help. If they don’t, great they should move on. But if they do, your website can be a powerful method for converting those leads into prospects.
There’s so much that can be said around this – something I talk about daily on my blog. Or, if you like what you hear so far, we can skip all the small talk and get right to your specific website needs in a FREE 20-Minute Advisory Session.
Overcoming The Website Myth
One of the myths I have to help clients with all the time is that you can just put up a website and your business just flourishes. It doesn’t work that way any more. It did in the early days of the internet. But now there are billions of web pages out there – all vying for people’s attention. So the question every website owner should be asking is – what makes me (and my business) unique?
It’s these answers and plenty more that we focus on whenever I work with a client. You see, in good faith, I can’t just design a website for you. I know too much about helping you succeed that I have to help you with your business as well. That’s why when you work with me on your website, you don’t just get an elegant design wrapped around a clear navigation scheme. Rather, you first get help in clarifying your business. And if you’re clear about your business, we work to translate your clarity to the web. Then we build your website around that clarity.
Here’s an outline of what it looks like, in general, to work with me:
- Focus on positioning and target market until we’re clear about who you are, what you do and who you do it for.
- Create a clear plan for translating your position and expertise to your website specifically and the web in general.
- Research the market to see how you’re actually positioned in relation to others.
- Create an outline for our site content and a map of how the site links together so we can see your site’s content and structure before we try to fit it into a visual design.
- Create a customized visual design (together) that supports your site’s structure while creating the look and feel necessary to position yourself as an expert in your niche.
- Code, template, build and test the site in preparation for launch.
- Add any additional features, functions or services in preparation for launch.
- Launch the site and immediately begin evaluating.
- Ideally, execute pieces of marketing plan we create together and measure the results.
- Re-evaluate and modify our efforts – always looking for greater and greater response – leading toward accomplishing your business goals.
You can see that we spend more time on business development, positioning, target audience and measuring success then we do with designing the website. Truthfully, build the website is the easy part. It’s the part the most web designers get paid thousands of dollars to do – when they know little or nothing about copy writing, positioning, marketing, target audience, etc. So why not pay someone who can help you build a website AND use it to grow your business?
So what’s it gonna cost?
Ever get into a project with a designer only to find out that the initial quote doubled or tripled along the project?
Well, none of that here. My pricing doesn’t fluctuate. What you’re quoted is what you’ll pay. There will be no additional fees unless the project grows larger then we initially planned. And even then we’ll discuss, in as much detail as you need, the cost to benefit ratios of the add-ons – before any work ever gets done.
Oh yeah, I don’t bill on a project basis. Rather I bill monthly over a period of time for the duration of our agreement. Whether we work together for three months, six months or longer, I’ve factored in an ample amount of time for both of us to reasonably and comfortably complete our work. Yet, if you need more time for whatever reason, we simply continue our work at the monthly fees. This allows you all the time you need to get the most out of our work together.
Three Months – $2500/mo
Includes business development (positioning, target audience, marketing strategy, etc), navigation development, customized visual design, website statistics, server and domain name setup, and content management system so you can edit your own content. And, of course, more…
Six Months – $2000/mo
Includes everything in the three month and allows us to get into much more depth. The extra time also allows us to create and begin executing a marketing plan so you can begin moving toward growing your business right from the launch. I usually give more copy writing feedback in the six months. And for some, they’d just like the pace of the six month program better. Really, in six months, I can customize a specific plan for you based on your needs, desire, work level, and specific goals.
Interested? Then contact me to schedule a FREE 20-Minute Advisory Session.
For Beginning Businesses Only…
Maybe you just need to get a simple site up of 8-15 pages. The design, while important, doesn’t have to be customized. You’d like to be able to edit your own copy easily. And while you’d like to have some business development, you’re fine without it for the time being. I still offer my inexpensive, beginning business site.
Here’s how it works:
- You buy domain name ($10/yr) and hosting ( > $10/mo). You must use one of the hosting companies I use regularly.
- I setup your domain name and hosting
- I install WordPress to manage your site and your content
- You select one of the thousands of free or inexpensive themes ($50-$100) available – which I can point you toward
- I install your theme (as it is) and a few plugins that will support your usage of WordPress
- I create all the pages for your site and test it
- I add Google Analytics so you can follow your website statistics easily
- We spend one hour by phone as I teach you how to add content to one page of your site inside WordPress
- You then fill in all your pages with your content
- The site is ready to launch whenever you like
- Cost: $1850
- My work on the site must be completed in two weeks
- Hourly rate on additional work: $97/hr
Of course, if you have a business, this would be the last option I’d choose. If you’re considering this as an option, it’s likely that you need some business development in order to get a return on your investment and grow your business. So I caution you about selecting this option merely on price. As I’m sure you are, I’m interested in seeing your business succeed.
If you’ve got questions, need some clarification, or want to discuss what’s best for you and your business, contact me to schedule a FREE 20-Minute Advisory Session.
Or get a copy of my FREE guide Client Producing Websites, 10 Elements Your Website Must Have In Order to Get You More Clients, Sell More Products, and Make More Money. In it I remove all the myths and give you straight talk about the ten things you website needs to effectively get your more clients, sell more products and courses and make more money.