Blogging is one of the most valuable tools that you have for your website AND your business.
Why? Because every way to get your website seen by more people involves content. Your blog is your own platform for publishing content as often as you like.
If you’re not blogging, you really should start. And once you start you want to commit to blogging consistently. That doesn’t mean daily or even weekly. Write and publish new post on your blog at a pace you can handle long-term. Better to be consistent than to start fast and burn out.
So, here are 17 reasons (in no particular order) why you should be blogging for your business:
- A blog is a simple, easy-to-use platform for connecting with and sharing your expertise with your clients and potential clients.
- Your blog fuels SEO. Search engines love valuable content and will reward you for it.
- According to a number of different surveys, roughly 60% of businesses who blog acquire more clients.
- Your blog is the heart of all your online marketing. It’s content that’s found in search. Content that’s shared on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc. And it’s your content that people want to read and gain value from.
- It gives you a voice. A blog creates a place to talk about your services and offers, comment on timely news topics, and share client success stories.
- Your blog gives your brand a personality. You can shine and show people what you’re all about.
- Writing blog posts shares your expertise. How else will you position yourself as a subject area expert and thought leader?
- Your blog can create a two-way conversation with clients and potential clients. It encourages interaction, comments and feedback. Be sure you reply to all comments!
- It can be fun – really! Blogging can be energizing, stimulating, and something you look forward to – again, really!
- Creating blog posts makes you think… about newsworthy topics, your industry, your clients and how your work fits into the world around you.
- Your blog can create free PR. Business bloggers are often interviewed by journalists as industry experts. Get some press!
- Your blog will build your confidence – and sales. Clients will look to you as a reliable resource for great information – then they hire you.
- Blogging consistently will sharpen your business focus. Consistently creating and publishing content will help you find even greater clarity around all the parts of your business.
- You can tell your brand’s story. Your blog is a great place to share the insights, philosophies and ideas around your work. Tell you potential clients why you’re in business and how you can help them.
- Every blog post is a long-term asset. Once you publish content to your blog you it’s forever usable by potential clients, search engines, social media, etc.
- Your blog posts will give you insights into your audience. By looking at what content people are reading most, you can discover the topics people want more of – which tells you what your prospects are looking for help with.
- Blogging is inspiring. You’ll start to see ideas all around you..talking with friends and colleagues, watching movies, reading, and just walking down the street.
You can see there’s many benefits to blogging. And the best results come though consistent blogging. Whether it’s writing posts, producing a podcast or using video in your blogs, you can take your business to a new level by utilizing your blog.
If you’re not sure where to begin, contact me, I can help you get started.
If your website doesn’t have a blog, contact me and we can get one setup on your website for you.
And if you need help with your website as a whole – maybe it’s outdated or isn’t mobile friendly – contact me and we can discuss the many options.